Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ebay-ing

Things I learned this week:
1. Skeleton keys are now extremely expensive.
2. I need to practice bidding on ebay if I ever intend to win anything there.
3. I should be checking my favourite sellers more often!

I was definitively crushed while bidding on skeleton keys on ebay this week.  Can you believe that nine skeleton keys went for over $20?  I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.  Seems those amazing keys are everywhere lately, on necklaces, altered art, books, cuffs...  Oh well.  Maybe I'll luck out at an estate sale or something.

The saddest news of all is that I missed out on this fab cape from one of my favourite ebayers, Coronetweeds.  Arrrrrrrrrgh!  A gorgeous 1930s black wool cape lined with orange satin.  And it only went for $51.  So choked!



Well.  After I recovered from the immense disappointment I decided to look for a similar vintage cape.  That led me to a new Ebay favourite, timelessvixen.

What an amazing cape!  It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

Now this cape is probably one of the coolest pieces I've ever seen.  Except it has monkey fur on the collar.  That's a deal breaker.  Too bad.


Oh my god!  Betty Draper!  Too bad my rib cage is gigantic in vintage terms.  I would never make the 34" bust even if I never ate again.  But if you're more petite, feel free to scoop up this beautiful 50s cocktail dress.


Isn't it wonderful how sometimes a loss turns into a win?
Now if only I could find a gorgeous beaded silk sheath in slate blue.  Oh well, back to the Ebay trenches!

No comments: