Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hellooooo Judy!


Well, I finally went and did it.
After months (and months) of pining away I bought a dress form! We had to drive way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere but I got it. Turns out there's a great little retail supply store in the industrial area of Winnipeg. Frankly it's a little weird to go into a store full of empty racks and naked mannequins. You have to keep reminding yourself, "No, they're not going out of business, this is how it's supposed to look when you're selling empty racks and naked mannequins". But they did have a wonderful selection of wrapping paper and packaging along with all those things "serious crafters" have at shows... like proper product display. I am so excited! And it's a whole lot less scary than searching craigslist or kijiji. Speaking of craigslist, I now know that a human torso will fit in the trunk of my car. Mwahahahahaha!

So here she is - I'm not sure if she's going to be named Simone or Veronique.




The dress is a little beauty I picked up at a vintage store. I'm toying with the idea of putting it up for sale on etsy. I would love to sell more of my vintage finds there!

No comments: